- Self Defense Inside the Home: Avoiding Over-PenetrationPosted 31 days ago
- Is Certification Required to Teach Self Defense?Posted 58 days ago
- Top 10 Tactical TomahawksPosted 65 days ago
- Defending Yourself Against a MobPosted 85 days ago
- Threats That Most Preppers Haven’t Prepared ForPosted 86 days ago
- Self Defense Clothing, Should We Wear Them?Posted 89 days ago
- Learning To Become a Better CoachPosted 118 days ago
- Defence Against Dog AttacksPosted 177 days ago
- How to Become Completely PrimalPosted 205 days ago
- Qualities of a Good Self Defense TeacherPosted 229 days ago
Weapons – A Definition
By Coach Karma on July 11, 2011
Most of the time when I talk to others about self defense, most people have a limited idea of what a weapon is. I get things like a gun or a knife, a bat, etc. And on rare instances i might get something like razor blades, glass, bombs, a needle, or even a bottle. But I will tell you this right now. ALL of these weapons just mentioned are just a very small portion of weapons found in our day to day lives.
The dictionary has weapon defined as:
Any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, against an opponent, adversary, or victim.
So when you think of a weapon that you can use to defend yourself, you should be thinking of ANYTHING you can get your hands on to use. Here are some other weapons that you might not have thought of.
A Cell Phone
A mp3 Player
A Makeup Compact or Lipstick
A Briefcase or Handbag
A Pack of Gum
Wiring of Some Sort
A Pen or Pencil
A Child’s Toy
A Remote Control
A Shoe (for all you Jerry Springer fans out there)
A Musical Instrument
And the list can go on and on. The purpose of this post is not to name every single thing we can use as a weapon. It is to broaden your idea of what a weapon is and to get you to see EVERYTHING as a weapon. When I teach the Filipino martial arts, we teach you some simple weapons first (Stick, knife). But later on we teach you how to translate those tools into handling many other weapons. Until eventually you can have anything in your hand and use it as a weapon. When you go around your day to day life, try and see things from a new perspective. Try and see everything as a weapon. Or better yet, try and find something that you couldn’t use as a weapon. If you really think about it, everything can be one.
PS: Don't forget to sign up for our EXCLUSIVE content and updates on the "Subscribe to the Blog" area below. Or at the top of the sidebar -->
And please: Share this post, link to it, tell anyone who’s thinking about learning self defense, survival, prepping or homesteading – help me to spread the word.
STAY PRIMAL, my friends
"Subscribe to the Blog"
Receive an update straight to your inbox every time we publish a new article. Plus receive EXCLUSIVE content.